Panchachuli Base Camp Trek is one of the exciting base camps in Eastern kumaun himalayas. It is a relatively easy 40-kilometer trek starting from Dar to Panchachuli Glacier. The view of the peaks and the entire valley from the Base Camp is fantastic. The route to the glacier is a combination of scenery, Snow Mountains, large lush green meadows and a rich variety of flora & fauna. Here people come to take pleasure of beauty of nature. This is an adventure in itself. The route is close to the Dhauli Ganga River. This part is very close to Nepal in the east and Tibet in the north. Some time ago it was known as an important business route between Tibet and India. The entire trek to the glacier is a near to the river Dhauliganga. It is located in Pithoragarh district; Pancha Chuli Base Camp starts from Dharchula. It is at an altitude of 915 meters from sea. Munsiyari road is 90 kilometers away from here. The route starts from the first tribal village in Dhar, which is 40 kilometers up from Tawaghat and Sobla. The trek continues towards Sela and after that turns to Balling. The route from Sela to Balling has several up and down hills. Starting from Balling the journey to Panchchuli Base Camp through two tribal villages, Duktu and Dantu. After that you reach on the glaciated track. Where you can find the forest of oak and birch trees. The journey came back from Panchchuli Base Camp to Nagling through Duktu and ends at Dharchula via Sobla. The last road which is Dars 42 kms Dharchula (dist Pithoragarh ). Dar to Panchachuli Glacier is a comfortable journey. The name Panchachuli is consists of peaks which create the unforgettable moments of Him Khand, Yuli River by the presence of forests like Devdaar and Bhoj Patra and conifer trees and vast meadows.
The best time for visiting the Panchachuli Base Camp Trek in Summer months mid-March till mid-June and in September to late October, this time favoring spring weather attracts a trekkers to make way to Panchachuli Base Camp Trek.
You will reach to Panchachuli Base camp from village Sobla. Sobla village route is via Tawaghat. We tell you how to reach here.
By Air: Pantnagar airport is the nearest airport from Dharchula
By Rail: Kathgodam railway station is the nearest railway station Dharchula. Kathgodam railway station is well connected to all major cities of India.
By Road: If you are choosing by road transport from Haldwani, Kathgodam to Tawaghat
Get best budget luxury package cost of Panchachuli Base Camp Trekking.
Pickup from Kathgodam and drive to Dharchula 280 km, night stay in Hotel.
After breakfast drive to sela (urthing) 60 km rhen walk 1/2 km to base camp.
After breakfast walk start to baling (simple and troublr free trail) 12 km stay in camp site.
After breakfast walk start Baling to Dukut (bon). Dukut is the last village to Panchachuli base 7 km.
Early walk start to base camp 4 km, pack breakfast and spend day in their, afternoon back dukut 4 km.
After breakfast walk down to Baling or Nagling 12 km night stay in camp.
After breakfast walk start from Baling to Sela then after drive to Pithoragarh night stay in hotel.
Drive to Pithoragarh to Kathgodam.
• Kathgodam to Trek point & back
• Accommodation. (Only Camping on Trek), Hotel First (Dharchula) & Last Day (Pithoragarh)
• Meals - (Dinner / Breakfast in Dharchula, Dinner / Breakfast Pithoragarh), while on trek all meal will be provided. Meals while on trek Indian, Chinese and Continental (Veg, Non Veg), fruits also provide on trek.
• 15 years Professional and experienced local trekking guide
• Camping Equipment like tents - 2 men tent, kitchen tent, sleeping bag, matress, toilet tent, toilet seat, hot water bucket, trekking kit.
• Mules or porter to carry personal luggage
• Trekking Fee
• Enroute meal
• carrying still/video cameras etc.
• Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
• Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
• Travel insurance
• Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.