It is located at the height of 3,353mts above sea level in the Bageshwar district of Uttarakhand. Pindari Glacier is situated in Kumaon Himalaya. It is spread over at an area of 3.2 km. Pindari Glacier is the source of Pindari River which meets the Alaknanda at Karnaprayag in the Garhwal district of India. It is the source of River Pindar that meets the River Alaknanda, which is a major tributary of River Ganga. The glacier astonishes people at every moment because of its spectacular beauty and speciality. Kafani glacier is situated on its right side; it is located at a height of 3860 m above the sea level. The environment is enveloped with high snow covered peaks aligning with the silver horizon under the blue sky and favorable climate.
The Pindari Glacier Trek is one of the most beautiful treks in the Kumaon Himalayan region that pursuits each traveler’s mind. The Pindari Glacier knows for its existence to the vast quantities of snow. The local’s people refer to it as the soul and heart of Kumaon. The trekking route to the Pindari Glacier in the range of the Nanda Devi Sanctuary. The Pindari Glacier Trek commences from Loharkhet at 1760 meters. It takes around about 5-6 hours. It cuts through several streams and the ridden track moves through a thick forest that is full with varied species of Himalayan plants and trees. The track from Dhakuri then off at Khati passing through a vast forest and from there it passes along the River Pindar to Dwali. The route from Dwali splits to Phurkia and winds up at Pindari Glacier, which is at the Zero Point. There is a beautiful waterfall just before Phurkia where you can rest for sometimes. Phurkia is a picture place blessed with natural beauty.
You can visit this place only in summer as well as in spring season.
In summer you can visit from mid April to June. It is the best time to go for trekking. Spring (September to mid November): The Pleasant weather for what trekkers can expect during the spring season.
Pindari Glacier Trekking Tour Highlights
• You can go for a walking on the Pindari Glacier.
• The amazing view of the stunning lush green land of Pindari hills
• You can catch the glimpses of neighboring mountains from almost every turn of the trek.
• Best thing in the trek is Zero Point a beauty at 12,300 feet from where you can see the view of beautiful mountains there.
• You can also know about the culture.
• You can also go for the through the forests for bird watching.
By Air: Nearst airport is Pantnagar Airport; it is around 205 km from Bageshwar.
By Rail: If you prefer the train route Kathgodam railway station, 171 km from Bageshwar, is the nearest railway station.
By Road: If you are choosing by road Bamsera is 25.8Km from Bageshwar and accessed through Almora-Bageshwar-Munsiyari road. From there tourists reach Saung or Song village, which is the starting point for the trek.
Get best budget low cost, Pindari Glacier Trekking packages Itinerary
Pickup from kathgodam to almora or bageshwar night stay in hotel.
Drive from almora or Bageshwar to Kharkiya then walk to khati village 5 km night stay in camp.
Walk Start after breakfast Khati to Dawali 11 km night stay in camp.
After breakfast walk start from dawali to Furkiya 5 km than near zero point 7 km night stay in camp.
morning visit zero point then after breakfast walk down to dawali 12 km night stay in camp.
After breakfast walk down to khati 11 km night stay in camp.
After breakfast walk start from khati to Kharkiya 5 km then after drive to kausani night stay in hotel.
Drive to Kathgodam with Lake Tour (Bhimtal, Sattal, Naukuchiatal)
• Kathgodam to Trek point & back
• Accommodation. (Only Camping on Trek), Hotel First (Bageshwar) & Last Day (Kausani)
• Meals - (Dinner / Breakfast in Bageshwar, Dinner / Breakfast Kausani), while on trek all meal will be provided. Meals while on trek Indian, Chinese and Continental (Veg, Non Veg), fruits also provide on trek.
• 15 years Professional and experienced local trekking guide
• Camping Equipment like tents - 2 men tent, kitchen tent, sleeping bag, matress, toilet tent, toilet seat, hot water bucket, trekking kit.
• Mules or porter to carry personal luggage
• Trekking Fee
• Enroute meal
• carrying still/video cameras etc.
• Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
• Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
• Travel insurance
• Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.